The department of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) has been started in the academic year 2003-04 and is
permanently affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University and recognized by AICTE and DTE.
Our aim is to prepare students to excel in the professional world and to be successful in all
walks of life. To inculcate social awareness among the students department organizes various
social activities. For extra-curricular development we encourage students to participate in Seminars,
Project competitions, workshops, technical events conducted on or off campus. For the skill development
of the students department conducts various guest lectures, workshops by Industry Experts.
To ensure this, with the able guidance of our Principal Prof. Dr. Mrs. K. R. Joshi the department conducts various Seminars,
Workshops under Quality Improvement Program. Faculties have presented and published research papers in various International
& National journals and conferences. The department is having state-of-the-art classrooms and laboratories with latest
configuration machines with backup facility.
These building blocks allow students to flourish in their Life.
To develop Competent Technocrats in the field of Computer applications imbued with human values
- To impart knowledge in the field of Computer applications with a focus on developing
the required competencies.
- To improve technical skill of the students through practical and hands-on experience.
- To enhance the quality of the students by collaboration with Alumni and Industry.
- To make students socially responsible citizens.
Programme Educational Objectives
- PEO 1:The broad knowledge of computer applications for successful careers in industry.
- PEO 2: The habit of lifelong learning for career development in this dynamic and rapidly changing field.
- PEO 3: The ability to inculcate effective communication in the team through demonstration of good analytical, design, development and implementation skills.
After completing MCA degree student will be able to:
- PO1. Apply knowledge of mathematics, computer science appropriate for real world applications.
- PO2. Identify, formulate, analyze and solve complex computing problems using relevant domain disciplines.
- PO3. Design and evaluate solutions for complex computing problems that meet specified needs for real world applications.
- PO4. Apply programming logic including design of algorithm, programs, analysis and interpretation of data to provide
- PO5. Apply appropriate techniques and modern computing tools for development of real world applications.
- PO6. Understand and commit to professional ethics and cyber regulations, responsibilities, and norms of professional computing practices.
- PO7. Understand the need and develop the capacity to persistent learning for continual development as a computer professional.
- PO8. Participate as a member and leader in a team and stand out in multidisciplinary environments to demonstrate computing and management skills.
- PO9. Communicate effectively to comprehend and present effective technical
- PO10. Apply the computing knowledge efficiently& effectively with concern for
societal, environmental, and cultural aspects relevant to professional computing practices.
- PO11. To contribute effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12.To identify a timely opportunity and innovation with entire effort to function as an successful entrepreneur.