Electronics and Computer Engineering
Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering at P.E.S's Modern College of Engineering started in the year 2020. The department has undergraduate (UG) program with intake capacity of 60 and it is approved by A.I.C.T.E. New Delhi and affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), Pune.
Electronics and Computer Engineering is integration of two engineering fields “Electronics and Computer blended to meet the contemplating demands of electronics and computer-based industries in today’s world.”
The department offers excellent infrastructure and resources in the form of knowledgeable faculty, well equipped laboratories and a library having a vast collection of informative books. Moreover, the department is involved in a number of technical and co-curricular activities encouraging students to broaden their horizons of thought, innovate and implement their ideas. Also, it maintains a great rapport with industries and R&D organizations.
The department continuously works on improving teaching learning process to better meet the needs of today’s students and employers. Many of the courses have laboratory components that enrich the students’ learning experience by allowing them to be exposed to theory and practice. We strive to provide our students with an outstanding educational experience that prepares them for the highest personal and professional achievements.
The institutional Robotics Club which brings together the young people to develop their creativity and problem solving skills through challenging and educational robotics competitions. The IEEE Student Branch and IETE, ISTE, CSI Students’ Forum of the department are actively involved in technical and social activities. The department organizes workshops, seminars, technical talks, conferences, training programs, programming contests in association with theses professional societies regularly. Keeping in mind our social responsibilities, the department regularly participates in various social outreach programs like NSS, E-CESA (Electronics and Computer Engineering Student Association) organizes various activities such as group discussion, Brain storming sessions ,intra debate competition ,guest lectures, sports, cultural etc. to encourage students to hone their technical and nontechnical skills.
“To strive for progressive excellence in electronics and computing field.”
- 1)To impart value based education to transform students into globally competent professionals.
- 2)To inculcate ethical values to produce promising professionals.
- 3)To practice research and innovation for sustainable techno-social development.
Program Educational Objectives(PEOs):
Graduate of Electronics and Computer Engineering will
- 1)Adapt ethics in practice and lifelong learning ability through various skills
- 2)Become an entrepreneur, contribute in research field to meet global competencies.
- 3)Be sensitive to societal and environmental issues in professional career.
Short Term Goals
- 1) To impart quality education in electronic and computer field using innovation in teaching- learning.
- 2) To inculcate problem solving ability through project based learning approach.
LONG TERM GOALS:
- 1) To encourage research, innovation and IPR culture.
- 2)To be recognize as a center of excellence for the holistic development.
- 1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- 2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems to arrive at substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural, and engineering sciences. 3
- 3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components, processes to meet the specifications with consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- 4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research based knowledge including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions. 5
- 5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- 6. The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- 7. Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- 8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- 9. Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- 10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- 11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- 12. Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome(PSOs):
- 1) Graduate will able to design, implement and test various electronic systems.
- 2)Graduate will able to design, realize and validate algorithms for real time problems.
- 3)Graduate will able to pursue career in industries and strive for higher studies through self- learning ability.