About Department of Computer Engineering
Department of Computer Engineering at P.E.S's Modern College of Engineering started in the year 1999. The department has undergraduate (UG) program with intake capacity of 60 (1999) and with the increasing intake of 60 (2014) and two years Master programme in Computer Engineering started in the year 2011-2012. Both the programs are approved by A.I.C.T.E. New Delhi and affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), Pune.
The department continuously works on improving our teaching learning process to better meet the needs of today’s students and employers. Many of the courses have laboratory components that enrich the students’ learning experience by allowing them to be exposed to theory and practice. We strive to provide our students with an outstanding educational experience that prepares them for the highest personal and professional achievements.
The department has fully equipped laboratories supervised by experienced, qualified staff, with latest configured machines. Department of Computer Engineering has achieved 2016 GPU Education Center award From NVIDIA. To inculcate “Project Based Learning” among students, department has developed various innovative laboratories and advanced skill development training programs in association with NVIDIA, Zensar, Barclays, Syntel , Oracle, Red Hat academy to mention few.
The department has professional society membership of Computer Society of India (CSI), Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) and Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) under which student branch has been formed to inculcate the research culture among students. The department organizes workshops, seminars conventions, technical talks, conferences, training programs, programming contests in association with theses professional societies regularly.
For creating digital learning environment we have been promoting various online certification courses in emerging engineering technologies in collaboration with IITs Madras and IIT Bombay for NPTEL MOOC advanced Certification courses and Spoken tutorials respectively.
It also has different technical clubs such as Book Geek Club, FOSS club, Brain Stormer's, the objective of these clubs is to improve the reading skills, increase the use of open source software and improve the aptitude skills of the students for placement respectively.
For dynamic development of young professionals we promote active participation of students in various cultural and sports activities like Purushottam, Firodiya, Sakal Karandak, Cricket, Football, Volleyball etc. As a result our students are continuously achieving awards and medals for their exceptional performance in the events. Our students are also involved in social programs like Blood donation camp, tree plantation, environment awareness program etc.
Several of the graduates who have passed out of this department are occupying responsible positions in various industries like Microsoft, Google, Infosys, Nokia, Persistent, Tech Mahindra, Aftek, Tavisca, Accenture, Congnizant, Syntel, Geometric solutions, HSBC, Cybage, BMC,TCS, Zensar, Bitwise Global Pvt Ltd, Wifi Software ,QLogic, Web Tech Dev, Eternal solutions pvt ltd. , Harbingers and many more to name.
To achieve excellence in the field of computing through quality education.
- To develop promising professionals in the field of computing.
- To provide exposure to emerging technologies and inculcate ethics.
- To strengthen association with alumni and industry.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The graduates of Computer Engineering Department will be,
PEO1: Capable of solving real world problems.
PEO2: Capable of working with multidisciplinary projects.
PEO3: Capable to adapt to changing technologies and life management skills.
PEO4: Able to exhibit professional and ethical responsibilities.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
The graduates of the Computer Engineering Program will demonstrate,
- the ability to understand, analyze, develop and evaluate system based on various algorithmic approaches.
- the ability to pursue career in IT industries, to become an entrepreneur and have zest for higher studies.
- the ability to solve problems using engineering principles, tools and techniques.
- Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering
fundamentals, and engg. Specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze engineering problems
to arrive at substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural, and
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and
design system components, processes to meet the specifications with consideration for the public
health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research based knowledge including
design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to
provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern
engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities
with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess
societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant and
cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering
solutions in societal and professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental
contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and
norms of engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader
in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the
engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write
effective reports and design documentation make effective presentations and give
documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of
engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and
leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments. Projects and in
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage
in independent and preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the
broadest context of technological change.