MBA Department is established in the year 2005 initially with intake of 60 which was later increased to 120 in the year 2010. The objective of the Department is to inculcate values of integrity and high emotional intelligence quotient, lateral thinking skills and strength of a dynamic mind - set so that the future managers can address challenges of global competition successfully.
The course structure is designed to impart knowledge of core management concepts and techniques in the first year which are, thereafter, upgraded to advanced knowledge and practicing skills in the areas of specialization opted by the students in the final year. Thus it develops and nurtures young talent through integration of value addition, self-discipline and strong conceptual and execution skills.
The integrated teaching pedagogy is structured with a view to develop required conceptual base and skills to use modern management tools and techniques. The students are also given functional inputs through various industry- academia interfaces such as industrial visits, presentation on special subjects by industry experts, business plan competitions, undertaking live projects, and organizational internship.
The philosophy of MBA department is based on two pillars which are teaching pedagogy for achieving excellence and development through continuous learning. We believe in building bridges to the future through synergistic effort along with the industry institute interaction with a deep commitment.
The department is focused to nurture its students into highly skilled and proficient managers/ entrepreneurs by providing them with courses reinforced with multi-faced inputs of management education using state of the art methods of training and active industry interface.
Excellence in management education through holistic development.
- To impart management education through experiential learning opportunities.
- To build professional skills and competencies.
- To develop ability to understand and analyze multiple dimensions of business.
- To nurture leaders and entrepreneurs who can contribute to business and society.
- To collaborate with alumni and industry for holistic development.
- Vibrant learning environment
- Competency building
- Ethics and professionalism
- Respect for the community
- Generic and Domain Knowledge - Ability to articulate, illustrate, analyze, synthesize and apply the knowledge of principles and frameworks of management and allied domains to the solutions of real-world complex business issues.
- Problem Solving & Innovation - Ability to Identify, formulate and provide innovative solution frameworks to real world complex business and social problems by systematically applying modern quantitative and qualitative problem solving tools and techniques.
- Critical Thinking - Ability to conduct investigation of multidimensional business problems using research based knowledge and research methods to arrive at data driven decisions.
- Effective Communication - Ability to effectively communicate in cross-cultural settings, in technology mediated environments, especially in the business context and with society at large.
- Leadership and Team Work - Ability to collaborate in an organizational context and across organizational boundaries and lead themselves and others in the achievement of organizational goals and optimize outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Global Orientation and Cross-Cultural Appreciation - Ability to approach any relevant business issues from a global perspective and exhibit an appreciation of Cross Cultural aspects of business and management.
- Entrepreneurship - Ability to identify entrepreneurial opportunities and leverage managerial & leadership skills for founding, leading & managing startups as well as professionalizing and growing family businesses.
- Environment and Sustainability - Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development and assess the impact of managerial decisions and business priorities on the societal, economic and environmental aspects.
- Social Responsiveness and Ethics - Ability to exhibit a broad appreciation of the ethical and value underpinnings of managerial choices in a political, cross-cultural, globalized, digitized, socio-economic environment and distinguish between ethical and unethical behaviors & act with integrity.
- Life Long Learning – Ability to operate independently in new environment, acquire new knowledge and skills and assimilate them into the internalized knowledge and skills.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OUTCOMES:
Graduates of the MBA program will successfully integrate core, cross-functional and inter-disciplinary aspects of management theories, models and frameworks with the real world practices and the sector specific nuances to provide solutions to real world business, policy and social issues in a dynamic and complex world.
Graduates of the MBA program will possess excellent communication skills, excel in cross-functional, multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams, and have an appreciation for local, domestic and global contexts so as to manage continuity, change, risk, ambiguity and complexity.
Graduates of the MBA program will be appreciative of the significance of Indian ethos and values in managerial decision making and exhibit value centered leadership.
Graduates of the MBA program will be ready to engage in successful career pursuits covering a broad spectrum of areas in corporate, non-profit organizations, public policy, entrepreneurial ventures and engage in life-long learning.
Graduates of the MBA program will be recognized in their chosen fields for their managerial competence, creativity & innovation, integrity & sensitivity to local and global issues of social relevance and earn the trust & respect of others as inspiring, effective and ethical leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and change agents.