General Rules and Regulations:
- All the students/scholars and outsiders entering the Library shall keep their bags and other belongings at the entrance. Do not leave any valuables at the Check Point. Library is not responsible for any loss of personal belongings. All files, books and note books must be presented to the security guard at the checkpoint for inspection while leaving the Library. Library does not permit any exception in the observance of this rule
- Library Card is compulsory for getting access to the library
- Books removed from the shelves by users, should be kept on the book trolley or on table nearest to them after use. Please do not try to shelve them yourself. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
- The newspaper(s) should be folded properly after reading and kept back in the designated place
- Students are advised not to issue Books to others on their names.
- All the books issued to the students must be returned once end examination is over.
- Before registering for new semester, all the dues of the library must be clear including
overdue books else these borrowing facilities shall be withhold.
- Conversation and discussion disturbs library ambience. Therefore, all are requested to
- All users are requested to keep their mobiles switched off or in silent mode in the Library
- Beverages and Eatables are not allowed inside the library.
- No visitor or guest is permitted to use the Library without the prior permission of the Librarian.
- He/She is required to produce a proper introduction letter from the concerned Institution/Organization to which he/she is attached.
- Library reserves the right to call back any issued book/item at any time.
Rules for Membership
- All the users need to become member of the library to avail the library facility.
- For library membership students should produce the fee receipt of the current year against which they get library card and borrower cards to avail the library book borrowing facility.
- Staff members should fill up the library membership form for using the library facility.
- Visiting faculty can get the temporary membership of the library.
- The borrower's card remains valid for the period indicated on it, and the same can be renewed in every academic year.
- Users are requested to issue the books from the library as per the rules only.
- Late fine is charged for Late Return of the books.
Renewals/Reservations and Over Due charges:
- For renewal, a user has to bring books to Circulation Counter. If a borrowed book is not on demand, then a user may renew the book one time only. The Library has the right to recall a book if the same is required by another user
- An over-due charge of Rs. 2 per day shall be charged against each book not returned within the due date.
Loss/mutilation/damage to documents by Students
- Borrowers are responsible for the documents they borrow
- Documents lost, torn or damaged (tearing of pages, underlining, making notes, damaging of binding and the like) shall attract serious action including suspension of membership and/or replacement of documents concern. The lost/damaged document shall be replaced by the borrower with latest edition.
Working hours of the library
- Library Reading Hall facility - 8.00 AM to 8.00 PM (All Working Days)
- Library working hours (Circulation) - 8.00 AM to 6.30 PM (All Working Days)